Friday 26 October 2012

Time for some new wheels, methinks

I was looking through my blog and I realized the wheels I'm skating on (my Super-Gs, which I reviewed here) are now just over a year old. Happy birthday, wheels. They've sure taken me a lot of places. They're also completely bald. I have been thinking about regrooving them for about 6 months, now, but I am a lazy butt and can't be bothered.

So cute! But too high (and wide).
Sadface indeed.
I want to get some new wheels. Suggestions are welcome! I like the fact that my Super-Gs are pretty low, at 58mm (instead of the normal 62). That 4mm difference really makes me feel much closer to the floor, such that I'm more confident with picking up my feet and agility stuff. They're also really grippy, and at the time when I got them I was moving from a 95A so a 88A was like insta-control. But given that I am now skating on a stickier floor, I really want something that will give me more push for each stride I take. I really want to get more speed, now that I've got a bit more agility and control over my feet.

There are a couple of wheels I'm looking at, like the new Atom Snap (and it comes in yellow!) but that is a 62mm and I don't know if I'd want to go back to that. Plus the wheel is quite wide (44mm) which means more push, but at the cost of more likely to get clipped/less agility. I was also thinking about Jukes, but they only come in 93A, and I think that might be a bit too hard. Because I don't have much weight, I need something in a lower number for some grip and control. But I don't want something with too much grip because I also don't have much strength for pushing.

Maybe I should just get the Super-Gs in the 91A red core, WHICH WAS WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO A YEAR AGO ANYWAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.