Wednesday 17 October 2012

I am registered to do my first bout.


So Richmond (in Northern Virginia, for those of you--like me--still not familiar with US geography) has a league that holds an annual holiday bouting thingy called Season's Beatings. It basically is just like a whole bunch of bouts for different levels. I've never bouted before, and I know some of the NRV ladies are heading up there, and for some reason I thought I might be interested in doing that.


I don't know what possessed me to to think that; I still find US derby intimidating, and I don't know if I want my first bout to be in some random tournament when I'm not really representing a league that I'm a member of. But I can't bout with NRV until sometime next year, so River City it is. And they even have categories for people who are >1 year experience, Intermediate, Advanced (i.e. on all-star teams), etc. And there are co-ed bouts. I told Ze Boyfriend and he was like "uh, you are going to get crushed and killed." Little does he know that most of the hits on me will probably not be in a legal target zone on me because I plan to just cannonball the whole time, bahahaha. But yeah, they are also for people who are Advanced, so not me. Anyway, sometimes I doubt my abilites to do these things because what if I am super crap and munt myself or faceplant in front of everyone and whatnot?

It took me about two whole days to decide whether or not to even register. :P With the encouragement of my wife, I have now registered for a whole bunch of festive bouts at the end of the year. Seriously. I put myself in >1 year (since, technically "intermediate" requires that you have had some bouting experience) and I've spoken to the organizers and they said that if >1 is too easy for me then I can get moved up during the day, which will be nice. :) I don't want to be completely fucked up out there getting my ass kicked, but I don't want to be completely unchallenged. But yay! I hope I meet lots of fun people there and stuff. I also want to go to my first afterparty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.