Tuesday 30 October 2012

Time for a quick recap


I got some 187 ReCaps for my kneepads. There's nothing wrong with my current ones, except pne thing I noticed with the material on the caps is that little black bits of shit shear off them every time I do falls. But this was much more just for aesthetic purposes than anything like getting new gear because I needed new gear. Plus they were only $20, so yeah.

Everything is velcro.

Basically, the 187 derby kneepads are made up of wads of velcro and you can switch out the caps. I'm always a fan of kneepads where you can replace the caps, since your knees probably take the most beating of all your padded up joints. Also, I've known people's kneepads to crack from them just falling really smashily (yes now a real word) on them, so having a set which are replaceable (as opposed to the ones that are riveted to your kneepads) makes your pads last a bit longer since you don't need to replace the whole pad. Plus with these ones you can take the caps off to wash your pads.

They're all nice and clean and unscuffed now, and I can't wait until tomorrow when I can get some good scratches on them. Because we're on a roller rink surface for derby, you need to get some good scratches/nicks in your pads for extra stoppage. Also the other day I was talking to one of the freshies who had new pads, and she was sad that her pads were getting scuffed, but I was all like "no that means you're doing it right!" so yeah. I want to get some scratches in. I've still got my black kneepad caps, and those are fine, but I might use the yellow ones anyway. Yay.

I have a residual worry that the material for the colored caps might be worse than the black ones so the colored ones are structurally weaker, but I have no reason to actually think that. We'll see anwyay when I have a slide on them tomorrow.

So yes. This is me blinging out my derby gear. I'm such a glamor jammer, ugh. :P But yeah, they're not too expensive, and they're pretty cute. See?

This one needs an angry face to match my elbow pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.