Friday 8 March 2013

And the torch passes

Remember my Diablos? They were my very first pair of derby skates that were mentioned in the first entry for this blog all the way back here. I stoped using them after a while because they turned out to be the wrong size for me, and I learned that the hard way.

Anyway, they have a new home! One of the freshies has inherited them, but at least she has the smarts to not skate on those horrible stock Evos that come with them, and she has Poisons instead. I'm sure they feel much better than the rental skates that she has otherwise been skating on. Plus, I'm glad the Diablos are getting put to good use and not just wasting away in a closet because I was dumb and got the wrong size skate.

It's awesome when you have a pair of skates to call your own. When I first got my skates I slept with them in bed (before they were dirty and skated on) because I thought they were so fantastic. I'm not saying that everyone does that, but hey, I was excited.

Anyway, here they are on their new owner:

Note asymmetrical laces! All my footwear has asymmetrical laces.
Also note horrible looking Adventure World carpet.
Yay! Happy rolling, Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.