Thursday 6 October 2011

Thanks, interwebs!

So, I have been a long-time stalker, and maybe third-time poster over at Skatelog. I really like it; it's a great forum for all kinds of people who do all kinds of skating to just talk about skatey stuff like gear and tips for doing things like backwards crossovers and whatever.

Anyway, I got a message on there from someone from another league in Australia! And mind you that I'm not super active or anything on this site at all, so this was exciting:

Heya MadMouse,

I've got a friend in Canberra who's about to get a freshie pack and start skating, I'm coming to visit her on CRDL finals weekend and we're gonna have a skate together. She lives in [SOME PLACE], do you know of anywhere around there thats a nice surface to skate on? Though really, we'd travel as far as we needed too

Oh and I see you're a member of the Varsity league! How is it going for you all? I've loved seeing your league build through FB I'm in a new league in N/E Victoria (NERD) so I know how fun / frustrating and exciting it can all be!!

Thanks in advance,
[AWESOME PERSON]. 

Yay, that made me feel awesome. People follow our league on the interwebs! And they've seen it grow and everything! Haha. Anyway I emailed her and said that she was welcome to skate with us any time she wanted, and of course her friend was too. I gave her some tips for places to skate at around here, and she will come and check out our training sessions when she is in town. It's way easier to be all like "yeah come hang out with me" when you do derby than in some other weird situation like internet dating or something like that. Although I guess in the derby context if the other peson was a creeper you could just hipcheck the shit out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.