Tuesday 1 May 2012

Somebody reads this!

I randomly checked my traffic sources for this blog today, and found that one link that people were using to read my blog was Roller Derby AU.


Roller Derby AU! Haha, I read that thing all the time. But how does that help people get to this blog? So, I had a look at the page and my blog is listed there as being a derby blog that people can click on from their website, right next to a whole bunch of other blogs that I read and was inspired by when I started skating. I have absolutely NO IDEA how this happened, but yay.

I originally started this blog in a fit of narcissm and preemptive nostalgia just to chronicle what it was like to learn how to skate and what my journey was becoming a derby skater. It was mostly for me, and I'd read all these other blogs and look at what other people were doing in their leagues and see if I could get inspired from that. Some of the fresh meat stories that I read are things where I'll actually laugh out loud in my office and think "yeah, I did that too!" or something like that. So here I am, paying it forward. Maybe someone will read this and get inspired to do derby, or be able to relate to the random ramblings that I leave here. Either way, I'm happy to share.

1 comment:

  1. yay for you! I check in on your blog from time to time. When I first got into fresh meat I wanted to start up a blog for much the same reason you started yours - however I'm far to disorganised and here I am nearly two months into fresh meat and still no blog. So thank heavens I can still read yours!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.