Friday 5 April 2013

What gives, Virginia?

So a few of us were talking about doing a Tour de Campus outdoor skate this weekend. We've actually been planning it for about a month or so but the weather was never warm or agreeable enough. It's still been kind of chilly but at least not pissing down rain or snow or something.I haven't outdoor skated since I was in San Francisco with Boudi, and that was a LONG time ago.

So I was all excited for outdoor skate. And then yesterday it started snowing again. Like, big fat ole snow that covered everything. We got something like 5.5 inches in 4 hours, which is nuts. Note that Spring Break was THREE weeks ago. It is April and after Easter. This is bullshit.

This is what the campus looked like when it started snowing:

Yay, fat wet snow.

This is what it looked like 2.5 hours later when I was walking home after the emergency broadcast system on campus cancelled all the classes:

Believe it or not there are actual paths under all that snow.
If the weather is crap we can't outdoor skate because it wrecks your bearings and whatever. I'm also skating in my antiks, and I'm sure the salt water from the melted snow isn't going to be great for the leather either. Plus, the idea of trying to roller skate over bits of ice is ridiculous. So we have to play it by ear this weekend.

But the snow is melting, so it looked like it was just a crazy dump yesterday. Today was sunny though and a lot of snow melted. This is what it looked like this afternoon:

HELLO BLUE SKY
Hopefully it all dries up before tomorrow!

It's actually quite sunny today, so hilariously I am de-stinkifying my pads by hanging them outside. Amidst the piles of snow and all, I'm sure this is effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.