Monday 8 April 2013

The closest bout ever

So this happened earlier tonight:


I think a lot of us thought NRV was going to get thrashed because LC beat Charlottesville by a heap, and Charlottesville beat NRV. But transitivity fail: we beat LC by a hair!

NRV did great; the first period they came out really strong and with a smaller bench than Little City. But at the beginning of the second period Little City was fighting back and they closed a pretty good gap quickly. There were lots of amazing walls and some pretty hard hits.

I think the lead changed in the last five minutes about five times. And in that time both jammers went to the box. Plus the last few points were calculated after the final whistle, so it was a surprise I wasn't having a hernia by that point.

Also, I was NSO-ing, doing THREE jobs: penalty tracking for both teams, and inside whiteboard. I didn't screw up and I didn't have a meltdown (although sometimes it was close). So, everyone wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.