Saturday 16 February 2013

This stinks.

Deodorizing stinky derby pads has just reached a new low at Casa de Mouse.

Normally after practice I air out my pads immediately on a clothes airer, and when it's sunny outside I put the clothes airer outside for the day so the sun can burn off whatever stink molecules are hanging out on my gear. But it hasn't been sunny lately, and because it's also been cold the windows at my house have also been closed a lot. So what this means is now my house smells like sweaty derby pads and breakfast burritos a lot.

This is what I've now resorted to:



Yep, that's one of those air freshener/deodorizer febreze candle things. To be fair, I am using my old old wristguards, since my fingers are still a bit munted and it's hard to slide my new wristguards on (given that the splits bend the opposite way that my fingers currently do), so these have some residual stank on them. They work fine, but they just smell pretty bad.

The idea is that hot air rises, so hopefully hot, deodorizing air will rise and destink the pads. I'm not confident this will work. The worst that can happen is that I go to practice smelling like sweaty hibiscus and pineapple (since the candle I got was some tropical flavored one, I think it had a stupid name like "Hawaiian Aloha" or something dumb).

But still... ew. It may be time to do a pad wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.