Thursday 29 November 2012

New wheels! Whee!

It's not even that hard to see bits missing off this wheel.
I got some new wheels for my skates. About fucking time! My old ones were over a year old, they were bald and the urethane wasn't softening up so I was sliding out of turns, and chunks of them had actually broken off on three of my wheels (I think it's my inside wheels because I push pretty hard on those). I cleaned them about two weeks ago and was like "the edges of these feel weird" and they were bits missing. I don't know how long I'd skated like that. So for my birthday I decided to blow a bunch of money on new wheels and other derby stuff because I am a grownup and clearly responsible with money.
 
After doing some online research and polling, I decided to have a go on the new radar bullets. They feel lighter than my old wheels and they actually have treads, and I wanted to try something new--wheel configurations to get some optimal combination of roll and grip. I am pretty slow and I wanted to get more roll because I feel like I'm constantly pushing my stumpy legs; something that gives me more roll for my stride would be great. I ended up getting combination of the 88 and 91As. I didn't want to go much harder than that because I still need some grip.

SO FESTIVE! They look like frigging candy. I want to eat them.
I love how new wheels makes me feel like a goddamn viking. I was super stoked when they arrived, and they are SO pretty! Eeee! They're bright pink and (YESSS) bright yellow. Now I'm like bleh because I have one red shoelace and red toestops and you know how red and pink don't match, haha. :P But I'm testing out configurations and whatnot and I'll report on that once I have an opinon. Actually, just having the different hardness wheels gives me the opportunity to mix and match at all, so hopefully that will work well.

Note that I am assembling skates on my laptop because I am smart.

I have also been munted, so getting back to practice with new wheels was pretty rad! I think I was more confident as well, and I managed the 25/5 in 4:27, which wasn't too bad. Plus my wheels are still clean and pretty. I guess I'll really get to test them out when I go to SEASON'S BEATINGS NEXT WEEKEND. EEEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.