Sunday 5 January 2014

Offskates crossover practice

I know that crossovers are a fundamental part of being able to derby, but it has taken me AGES to ty to get the technique down. I came across this video which might be useful for just getting the muscle memory in order first before trying to push around and whatnot:


I like that it's offskates practice. When I was at SCRD we were trying to do these on skates and I couldn't get my feet in the right place without falling on my face. So having this done offskates (and on carpet, for more resistance on the chair) is pretty handy. I'm sure you could later upgrade to onskates, and maybe without carpet.

Notice how low she's getting and how far she can push the chair with one stride!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.