Sunday 30 September 2012

When I grow up, I still want to be lead jammer.

Yay, so today we scrimmaged and I jammed for the first time with NRV. Jamming was initially intimidating here just because people are much better than what I'm used to, and it's just like people would know who to hand the jammer panty to next. Today, when we split into teams, there was only one person who self-identified as a jammer, and two others who were "occasional" jammers, so they were just like "yeah have a go" and I did.

The first time I didn't get lead, but there was a nice fat wall of four blockers and I FUCKING JUMPED THROUGH A HOLE between them. Like, My feet were off the ground when I got through the wall. Whoa. The second time we did a different scenario (2:2:1:1) and the other jammer (who was Speed Junkie herself) was totally toying with me, but she was also jamming defensively (i.e. like a third blocker). But again, squeezing through holes is totally going to be my bag. I got lead there, AND NOBODY GOT MUNTED. Thank you derby Jesus. And then afterwards some of the freshies came up to me and were like, "you did reall good, Mouse". But yeah, it was fun and the moral of the story is I need to stop being so self-doubty and step up. I definitely want to jam some more in the future.

Using size to advantage FTW!

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.