Friday 21 September 2012

BAY AREAAAAA!!!

BAD are playing tonight in the WFTDA western playoffs for the championship! They're seriously the best team I've ever seen play, in terms of having amazing teamwork, and their athleticism and skill is nuts. I remember going to one of their league bouts and spending  most of my time with my mouth hanging open and screaming "OH MY GOD DID THAT JUST FUCKING HAPPEN" when crazy shit was going down on the track. Derby in the US is way faster and harder than what I'm used to in the land of Oz, so seeing the best teams in what's currently undisputedly the best derby country in the world is pretty fucking amazeballs.

Also, Demanda is pretty FUCKING AMAZEBALLS. Sigh...
(photo credit: D.E.sign)
Oh, also, the Oly Rollers are playing in a few hours, and if they beat Rocky Mountain, they'll play BAD next. That'll be interesting, given the amount of shit talk that has been going on about them, especially in, well, the Bay Area. Hellarad did an amazingly hilarious writeup of it here.

Anyway, here's me reppin' down in Virginia, on the other side of the country:


Whoo! I might also have to wear my other BAD shirt to NRV training on Sunday for extra reppin'.

The bracket for the Western Region playoffs:

Or if you want a downloadable .pdf version to print out and fill in, it's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.