Monday 11 June 2012

Should I change my name?

There’s been some talk among people in the league for changing their names. People grow and change, and sometimes your derby persona has to do that as well. I’d been kind of idly considering it, although Mouse is definitely something I like. I mean, for the last twelve years or so it’s been my nickname in whatever sport I happen to be playing (actually, when I played hockey, it was Mighty Mouse, but that was already taken on TwoEvils, so bleh. MadMouse will have to do. Plus I get to be named after a roller coaster that I swore so much on that the little girl in the seat in front of me actually turned to her dad after the ride and was like “Daddy, what’s ‘fuck’?”)

Anyway, I’d be thinking about switching to Chairman Pow, since 1) I’m Chinese and 2) I think the jokes about stature can only go so far. As far as I’m aware, there’s no Chairman Pow on TwoEvils. However, randomly googling “Chairman Pow” gives me a bunch of random DJ stuff and a link to a merby league in British Columbia, Canada. From what I can infer, there’s a dude called Chairman Pow there. Awesome name, I don't blame him for taking it. Heh. Anyway, for all I know he’s registered on TwoEvils and waiting for his name to be approved. So that doesn’t work. Maybe I should split the difference and be Chairman Mao-se. Heh. I don’t know. I really do like my derby number though. Chairman Mouse wouldn’t be so bad.

All my marketing would be taken care of already!
But I don't know. Is it worth the effort of changing one's name? Or should I just not bother? I guess either way it gets shortened to Mouse anyway, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.