Wednesday 4 April 2012

SCRD tryout publicity

So remember how I did SCRD tryouts a while back? (There's an entry about it here.) Well, Lindsay (aka Erin Knockabitch) pointed out at training tonight that there was an article in the Press Democrat that had been written about it. And for some reason there's a fucking big picture of me with the article. Ha ha ha.

The article is here. It's awesome; it mentions a couple of the fantastic people I've been skating with (some of whose real names I didn't actually know until I read the article. Or I knew their first name but it'd have some little snippet thingy about their personal lives and I'd be like, "oh really?" kind of thing.) Yeah, it's nice to see that SCRD is getting some publicity. They have a great venue and the people there are amazeballs.

Photos are here. They spelt my name wrong. Fuck! (Haha, it's probably because the photographer guy asked me what my name was and couldn't understand me with my accent. Boo indeed.)

Oh, so you'll be able to see that yellow onesie lycra bodysuit thingy that I was talking about. It's in one of the photos, I'm sure.

A hard copy of the article is framed and on the wall in the Wrecking Yard. It has backing with leopard print. (I bet Sparks did that.) I should get a copy of this article and send it to my mum; I don't think she knows I do derby yet. I'll have to write about that some other time I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.