Thursday 29 September 2011

White Star plus

Last week there was a CRDL bout and that was super awesome. I’ll write more about the bout later. What was less awesome was that after the bout Sarge pulled me and Boudie over and said that we (and Pitts, who wasn’t at the bout) were going to get reassessed for our white stars to see if we can qualify to test for yellows. Yellows are important, because that’s when you get to scrimmage and everything.

I need like 357328562378 of these.
Holy shitballs. I am really bad with assessments. In fact, I was REALLY bad with this one. I went home early so I could get a good night’s sleep beforehand and then Boudica and I were going to skate early before we got assessed. Haha. Yeah, and then I woke up at FRIGGIN THREE THIRTY IN THE MORNING and couldn’t get back to sleep. What the fuck. Anyway, we had a skate up in Baldie (our favourite multistorey parking lot) and worked on some things, like crossing and (hilariously for me) being sufficiently relaxed to drag my knuckles on the ground pretty much.

I fucked up T-stops like 6 times. I just kept spinning in a circle and that was fucking frustrating. Gah. But then the lovely Marie showed me how to do it! The reason I was spinning out was because on my back foot I was putting too much weight on my inside wheel. So all I had to do was put more weight on my outside wheels on the back of the T and OMG! Now I know how to T-stop!!!! :D:D:D I need to practice them more but I totally got the idea after she explained it to me. And that’s one thing that’s awesome about derby: people will explain how to do things in like 1000 different ways, and you’ll eventually find one that clicks with you. Yeah. :D

Still need to work more on crossovers, but I passed! WEWT! And Boudie did too!!

Our yellow star test is next Sunday. EEEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.