Saturday 4 May 2013

Rollerbones bearing tool

So shiny.
I decided to get a proper bearing tool for changing my bearings. Until now what I'd done is use the allen key that was on my T-tool to prise out bearings and then I would use the blunt end of the T-tool to shove them back in. So yeah, that's not a smart idea because it can mess with your bearing covers and the bearings themselves.

So here's the rollerbones bearing tool. It's this little handheld thing that you can carry around in your gear bag without looking like you are lugging a bearing press. It has a little button on the top which retracts the two little buttony things along the bearing tool post.


When you want to put bearings in, you simply put a bearing on the end of the tool (with the button down) and then use the tool to push your bearing into the wheel. The button thingy is pretty strong so it's not like the bearing or wheel will just fall off.


If you want to take bearings out, you just put the tool in, push down the button and with the button down, pull the bearing out, and it should just pop out. Pretty straightforward, no? This thing is so easy to use that it doesn't even come with instructions.


I really like this bearing tool. I have more wheels than bearings and I often just switch out my bearings out, and this is much easier and less annoying to do that with my jankety old T-tool. Plus, at $15, it's also way cheaper and easier to carry around than a bearing press.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.