Saturday 22 December 2012

The off-season

On Wednesday we had our last practice session before we took a break for Christmas/NYE. So of course, it was WFTDA skills test! Honestly, I have no idea how I went; I was still kind of sick and had a massive coughing fit in the middle of the test and choked on my water and snotted everywhere. It was gross and awkward. I thinkI might have failed but we'll see.

Anyway, off-season. What does one do on the off-season? Stupidly, because it's Christmas break, I suspect it's when people stuff themselves full of food and therefore get all sluggish and stuff before they get back. We only have two weeks off but I'll be going back to Oz so I'll be away for a month or so, plus there's Christmas and New Years and two weddings to go to so I'm sure I'll come back a bloaty fat ass.
When I was a kid my mum would never make this shit (maybe once she
made ham, but I don't eat ham). We used to have spaghetti and garlic
bread for Christmas Eve, and then go to a restaurant for Christmas Day.
I also wasn't planning to bring my skates so I guess I'll have to make up for it by doing crap loads of off skate work while I'm away. I'm thinking something along the lines of:
  • alternating 30,60,120 minute planks
  • sit ups (2, 5, 10 sets of 10)
  • pushups (2, 5 sets of 5, contingent on munty shoulder and hand, blah)
  • occasional running
  • bicycles (I actually like these and will probably do these until I collapse)
  • lifting heavy things (groceries, wedding presents etc.)
  • knee up/downs (10, 15, 20 sets of 10)
  • actually stretching in the mornings and after I do exercise
Haha this is all very ambitious I guess. But we'll see how it goes.

Happy holidays! (I don't care whether this is politically correct or not; it's at least accurate if you are on holiday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.