Tuesday 3 January 2012

VDL's first block to the head

I also had a job interview in December, and because it was a US school the time difference meant that I was skyping with them at 1am. Interview prep is kind of stressful, but to relax I decided to take a break from it and go to training the night of the interview, which also happened to be my last night of training for the year. Of course, I decided to scrimmage (since it was also my first scrimmage back from injury). It felt really good to scrim again.

Sarge split teams for scrimmaging so that the PhDemons and Cheerbleeders could practice for their bout in February. I mostly pivoted and blocked since I'm not going to be at the bout and it'd be kind of unfair to take up time jamming when others could practice that. Anyway, at one point in the scrim I think Malice hit Junky (who was skating for the PhDemons) and she elbowed me IN THE EYE. She got sent off for the first ever block to the head at VDL, and I copped a black eye and a cut (maybe from the velcro on her elbow pad, or maybe from the force of the elbow splitting the skin or something?), and people brought me ice and were really nice about it but still, there it was, right in time for a job interview.

Oh yeah, and the interview was on a HD Webcam so they could see everything.

This is how it looked the day after, when I had iced it a whole bunch and tried to put concealer over it:
 

I like how it kind of looks like a smiley face.

Also, in that scrim we won and got the first-ever score over 100 points. Yay us.

Also, I didn't end up getting the job. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.